If you previously wanted to change your name on Twitch, you could only change upper and lower case. Today you can change the name of your channel as you like. We’ll show you how this works via desktop and mobile phone or how you can even adjust the color.
Change names on Twitch: This is how it works on desktop
Below we provide you with detailed step-by-step instructions on how to change your name on Twitch. First, we will show you the procedure via desktop. Below you will find instructions for your mobile phone. This is how you do it on the PC:
- Go to twitch. Tv and log in with your account.
- Then click on your avatar in the top right corner and select “Settings.”
- The “Profile” tab will open automatically. Further down under “Profile Settings,” you will find the options “Username” and “Display Name.”
- Username: Here, you change the name of your account. This process can only be performed every 60 days. Your old name will be blocked for the same time. You will also receive a new Twitch URL, i.e., a new link to your account.
- Display name: Here, you only change the upper and lower case of your display name. This does not affect your Twitch account.
- Confirm the name change by saving the process.
Change names via cell phone in 2021
Many of you are using Twitch on your smartphone and wonder how you can change your name on your cell phone. It works almost the same as it does on your desktop. Follow these steps if you want to change the Twitch name on your mobile phone:
- Open the Twitch app on your smartphone and log in.
- Tap on your avatar at the top left and select “Account Settings.”
- At the top, you then tap on “Account” and then on “Edit profile.”
- Here you can now change the user name or display name via the mobile phone.
- Don’t forget to confirm and save the changes.
It would help if you kept this in mind when changing your name
It would help if you thought twice about whether you want to change your Twitch name. Although the process is made particularly easy for you, the following things should be noted:
- You can only change your name every 60 days. Your old username will also remain blocked for the same period. A short time later, you cannot change your mind.
- There is no automatic redirection of the URL that leads to your old account. So if you advertise your Twitch channel on other pages, you have to change the target page here as well. But this is only important if you are a streamer yourself.
- Collected statistics may be lost.
This is how you can change the color of your name.
Last but not least, we’d like to tell you how you can change the color of your name on Twitch. Subscribers to Amazon Prime or Prime Gaming have a decisive advantage here. If you are one of them, follow these steps to change the color.
As a subscriber to Amazon Prime / Prime Gaming:
- Open twitch. Tv on your desktop. Unfortunately, this method is not yet available on the smartphone.
- Click on your avatar in the top right corner and select “Settings.”
- Now switch to the “Prime Gaming” tab, which you can, of course, only select if you are a subscriber to the service.
- Above, you can change the color of your name under “Chat color.” Use the hex color code or set the color palette accordingly. You can even see your name appear in light and dark mode.
If you are not a subscriber to Amazon Prime or Prime Gaming, you have to use the alternative route. However, this also works with the smartphone via the Twitch app. This is how you do it.
Without Amazon Prime / Prime Gaming:
- Opens any stream on Twitch.
- Find the chat message field and enter / color.
- If you want to change the color of your name, you can now attach a hex code or a color in English such as: Blue, Red or Green.
- It looks something like this: / color blue. Then send this message off. ( Don’t worry, other users won’t be able to see it. )
- After a few minutes, the color of your Twitch name will change in the chat.
If the color does not look the way you set it, it may be due to a setting. Click on the gear icon and choose “Chat Appearance” . Uncheck “Readable colors”. This setting adjusts some colors due to the dark mode, so there may be slightly different colors.
Also read: how to check AirPods battery