Do you want to learn how to play the Piano? Have you always dreamt of learning the Piano? You’ve come to the right place! Many people have wanted to learn to play the Piano since their childhood but could not do so for some reason, or maybe they did not take lessons. Whatever the reasons are, there has never been a better time to get started or come back to the Piano. So, this article will help you learn it with practice from the basics of the Piano, so even if you have not touched a piano before this, you can understand it easily. In the following article, we get to know about How to play the piano? So please don’t skip the article from anywhere and read it carefully because it will be very useful for all of you guys.
Tip: Use TV Remote Application For Your Smart TV Devices, Installs it From Google Play
Steps to learning to play the Piano
There are the following steps that we have designed to make it easy to learn and then play the Piano. Here, you are going to learn these;
Step 1: Learn Keyboard Navigation to play the piano
So, first of all, you need to be familiar with your beautiful instrument that is most important to take a good start. You have to know the keyboard, keys, and how you should get around this. There are 88 keys in black and white patterns. It may look a little scary initially, but once you understand this, you are good to go down your way. The most important key of the Piano is the C note (it is always the white key right before the two black keys. This pattern runs throughout the keyboard) which will work for you like a compass. Memorize the location of the C note. It comes before the group of black keys, and F comes before the group of three black keys.
The white key after C is D, then there is E, and so on till G . The musical alphabet stops at G, and here it again starts from C.
Protip: for easy navigation, locate the middle C first. (usually near the brand name of your Piano).
Step 2: Learn Five Finger Scale to play the piano
- Now go back to Middle C and place your right thumb on it, known as finger 1.
- Then place your index finger on the next white key, D and known as finger 2.
- Now respectively, place your fingers such as finger 3 on E, finger 4 goes on F, and finger 5 (little) on G.
- Now start your practice by playing these notes in order (1-2-3-4-5) and then play it in reverse (5-4-3-2-1). Tada! You’ve just learned your first C major five-finger scale! Before moving on, practice this for a while to be good at this.
- Place your pinky finger on the C below Middle C and then follow up with the rest of your left-hand fingers.
- Now practice playing these notes.
Step 3: Learn to Play a Song
When you’ve done the five-finger scale now it is a good time to start.
Before playing a song on the piano, you must know how to read the music. Get familiarized with all the basic terms, notes, and music patterns. Practice slowly to be a good pianist and start by tackling the hard bits first and then move on. Practice, practice and practice until it gets easier for you because it takes time to be good at something.