If you are a dessert lover and want to make your recipes stronger and tasty, you need magic. A magical thing that can make your desserts or baking items more tasty and yummy. For this, there is a vanilla extract available in almost every market. These vanilla extracts are a little bit expensive, but there is something that I want to tell you guys that you can make easily by yourself. In the following article, we get to know about How to make vanilla extract? So please don’t skip the article from anywhere and read it carefully because it will be very useful for all of you guys.
A few weeks back, I went to my friend’s house for dinner, who was my classmate. She was a very good cook and started baking a cake for me. Unfortunately, she ends up with vanilla extract, the main ingredient of every dessert. She refuses to buy it from the market and starts making vanilla extract on its own. Since that day, whenever I have to make any dessert, I make vanilla extract at home. In this article, I will share the recipe for a vanilla extract that my friend told me a few weeks before. Just stick to this article till the end.
Homemade vanilla extract benefits:
One benefit of homemade vanilla extract is that you can adjust the level of flavour according to your need. The other benefit is that you can save money as the vanilla extract that you buy from the market is very expensive. One thing more, the ingredients you need to make vanilla extract are only two. Now imagine wasting your money on vanilla extract if you buy it from the market.
How to make it at home:
A recipe with few ingredients is always very easy to make. The complete guide for making vanilla extract is mentioned below:
Ingredients to make the vanilla extract:
1. Vanilla beans:
It would be best if you had vanilla beans that you could easily buy from the market, and you can also buy them from online stores.
2. Alcohol to make the vanilla extract:
For alcohol, you need vodka. The quantity will be according to the quantity of vanilla extract you need to make. 80 proof will be a great option for this.
- Scissor or knife that you use in your kitchen.
- A cup that is labelled with measuring lines.
- A bottle with a lid. The lid is compulsory because alcohol can evaporate if the lid is open.
Here is the procedure with a step by step guide written.
- The first step is to ensure safety from germs. You have to wash your jar and lid with proper sanitisers and clear water to make it possible.
- Now take the vanilla beans and a scissor. Cut the bans with the help of a scissor from the middle and put them in the jar.
- The third step is to add vodka to the jar. You have to pick a measuring cup, pour vodka into the jar, and cover the lid. Leave it for at least 2 months and stir it from time to time. Leaving it for 2 months makes it a perfect one for use.
Also read: How to make egg rolls?